Thursday, October 26, 2006

Studio 60....don't be the one that missed it..

For those of you who haven't watched "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" you're missing one of those shows that will be gone before anyone appeciates it.

Everyone watched the first night looking for a Saturnday Night Live spoof, and there was some of that, but that wasn't the biggest part.

I have to tell you, if I ran into Matthew Perry today, I'd have to figure out how to walk up to a stranger and say.."I'm proud of you"...without sounding like a stalker or condesending.

This might be the smartest television I've seen written since NYPD Blue....and by that I mean those of you who think NYPD was only about cops..think Studio 60 is only about a TV show.

To prove it, I challenge anyone to watch this weeks S60 (my own little short hand) and not be taken by Eli Wallach. More importantly....when you were all ignoring the kid giving his parents the tour...we're you paying enough attention to hear him explain why Eli Wallach's character wasn't remembered by anyone.

The best TV is that which makes you think, and don't think for one minute that this is just "Chandler" working on a new show...these people are making a great show, and you're missing it if you're not watching it now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it, he was blacklisted accused of being a communist.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write on Rick, I agree 100% with you on this one, of course every show that I thought was funny and smart in the last ten years fell to the axe early.

Rick

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home