Sunday, October 26, 2008

Screw the tooth fairy....

As some of you know, I had oral surgery Friday to remove two wisdome teeth, and a troublesome molar. I've actually had a tooth removed before by the same doctor, and had ZERO trouble, so I wasn't nervous at all....that might have been my downfall.

First, as usual, because of my size, they don't like to put me as "deep" under as most patients for fear of losing my airway. The same thing last time, no big deal.

Things seemed different right from the start when they began doing all kinds of things that I don't remember them doing last time. When I asked, they told me that Vericet (sic) has a reverse memory loss affect, and I wont remember any of this either...guess what...I do.

Then there was about 15 minutes of trying to get an IV started, and again, I've been stuck so many times, this doesn't bother me. Finally a vein, and shot...and I drifted off thinking "cool, when I wake up, this will all be done".....NOT

The first wisdom took almost an hour to get out, and they had just started working on the molar when I woke up and said "hi"! They gave me a little (they said) more pain stuff, but nothing to put me to sleep, and when they started on the molar again, I had to protest, as I could feel everything. The doc explained he couldn't give me any more seditive, and they could either try to numb me up more, or stop and come back. He said he had already begun to excise the molar, and didn't think it would take much more. So I told him to load me up, and let's go. No one heard him tell them to put me back on the Nitros gas, so I didn't even have that. Short story, I had the molar pulled while I was awake, and basically had novacaine, and that' s it.

Now the really good news.....they aren't done. They never got to the second wisdom tooth, so I have to go back for that...AND they knocked off a crown, so I have to get that redone.

On the truly good news....Oxycodone is awesome stuff....and I've been vegging all weekend. Today will be all football, and then tomorrow back to the grind-stone.

The bid news this week is because of my awesome neighbors tiling my office for me while I was on vacation, and Pam being bored while i was wacked out on Oxy, and moving alot of my stuff...I should be back in my regular office digs by the end of the week!

The next weekend is the Cowboys party with Chilli Cookoff on Sunday...right now it's between Pam, Jimmy, and Sam....haven't decided how we will cast votes yet, but we'll figure it out.

Then the brother's trip, then poker night, then Thanksgiving...and damn if it isn't already December!!!!!

Maybe Gary's yard sign wasn't that hideous after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick H said...

OUCH!

Nuff said, it also has done nothing to lessen my fear of the dentist. My dentist and I went to High School and College together and he knows if he hurts me I WILL run through his waiting room screaming - it does provide some comfort.

Rick H.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home