Friday, May 29, 2009

And they say blondes aren't smart....


So I took my BF Sam to one of the all time great Memphis watering holes...Alex's Tavern. And we were sitting at the bar, having a cold one, and talking about some of the pictures and stuff hanging on the walls. And on one side there was a picture, but it was blocked by three status. I said "you know who the statues are?", to which Sam immediatly replied "yeah, the 3 stooges"....which of course they weren't. I said take another look, and guess again...she said "oh, the two on the sides are those guys.....Hardy....and....Lewis!" Ahhhh....no. So she wouldn't have to guess anymore, I told her the two on the sides were Laurel and Hardy...and the statue in the middle was W.C. Fields. To which she replied "oh, I thought he was black?"......I must have had a confused look on my face, and she explained she had seen a statue of him in his park on Beale Street, and he looked black. Realizing what she was sayin, and just smiled and said..."hun, that's WC Handy, this is WC Fields, and yes, WC Handy was black....but WC Fields wasn't the father of the blues"

Sam then told me I was to f'ing old, and this was all before her time.

Rock...get me another beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home