Monday, November 03, 2008

Weekend Update...

What a great weekend. Woke up early Saturday, and the wife and I went to have breakfast together about 7am. Then she went off to work, and I spent the day moving the rest of my office, so I'm now 100% back up and running, and out of the spare bedroom.

Sunday we had about 20 folks for for chili and football. When we made the plans, we had no idea we'd having a 77 degree day in early November, but what the hell.

Pam, Sam and Jimmy made the chilli (and alot of it)....we had said we'd do a judging, but we never really did that. I will say I had one bowl of each, and went back for seconds of one....but I'll never tell whos.

We introduced the kids to a new form of gambling, and the grid-board winners were...

1Q - Kelly
2Q - Erik
3Q - Kristen
4Q - Erik

For the Adults...

1st Half - Cyndi
2nd Half - Rick & Pam (pam got $2 of the $25, so she can get use to the Obama tax plan)

It was a very comfortable/casual day, everyone had a good time...there was one incident with the blow-dryer, but I'll let Sam explain that.

On another note, congrats to my wife Pam, who it seems will be the new VP/General Manager for her company. I guess I will see her around March now! She did get a good start...she was in at 6:30am...not that she planned that....I just forgot to reset her alarm clock after the time change.

Today, it's off to the dentist to re-set a crown that got knocked off during my wisdom tooth pull...yeah, the fun never ends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Guess I owe you two a new hair dryer?? Shit happens but why do I always get caught?!!?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Big Rick said...

Nah, it's working fine....besides, we still have 10lbs of your chili, so I think we're even!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home